What is Virtusí Training?
The Protecting Godís Children program is a three to four hour awareness session that is designed to educate adults on how to recognize the warning signs of child sexual abuse and what to do when they suspect a child is being victimized. The program includes awareness sessions, videos, web-based training modules, online training bulletins, and other programs specifically designed to assist parents and other adults.
Register online at www.virtusonline.org and click on the yellow word "registration" located on the left hand side of the page.
- Next choose Miami as the location and then view a list of sessions available.
- Choose a session and follow the prompts.
- Virtus training sessions run approximately three hours long.
- Due to the subject matter, children are not allowed in the sessions.
- Participants will not be allowed to enter if arriving late, nor will their attendance be counted if they leave early.
A certificate of completion will be available on your assigned VIRTUS account. After attending a Virtusí training session, use your id and password to log onto www.virtus.org to print out your Certificate of Completion and turn it in to the School Office. This certificate MUST be turned in order to be eligible to volunteer.